[Sca-cooks] Re: Teaching Classes at Pennsic

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Oct 5 14:11:18 PDT 2001

Wrynne said:
> Yes, Muiredach, please do teach at Pennsic!
> I taught in 2000 (knitting), and plan on teaching in 2002.

Yes, and I'm proud to announce that this file, which may have been
a handout from Wrynne for this class, will shortly be available in the
CLOTHING section of the Florilegium. (This weekend if I can find the
time).
Knit-Stockngs-art (23K) 10/ 2/01    "Knittted Stockings" by Baroness
Rhiall of
                                       Wystanesdon (better known as
Wrynne).

> You could even
> host a class at your camp site to avoid having to drag a truckload of gear
> and animal carcasses to an A&S tent.

Just remember, as has been mentioned here before, that the animals must
be dead prior to bringing them onto the Pennsic site, although I guess
that rule does not apply to fishes.

Phlip taught a very good class at Pennsic 28, where we started with
a live lamb and ended up with various cuts of meat. We did this by
actually holding the class at an offsite location.

For those looking for a less hands-on introduction to butchering,
check some of the files in the ANIMALS section of the Florilegium.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net