[Sca-cooks] Puritans, was: Canadian Friends

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Sat Oct 6 14:42:15 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/06/2001 1:15:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lcm at efn.org
writes:

<< The idea of a Puritan persona could be kinda cool, though I can see two
 drawbacks: do you really want to wear very simple unrelieved black and
 white for your SCA career? >>

Actually..the Puritans wore many colors.  All solids, and mostly
"neutrals"..but they ran the gamut from tan to dark brown...with yellows and
such.  The sorts of dyes that we would find "naturally".  (and the dyers know
what THAT means!)   Simple styles in simple colors..but not "all black, all
the time".

Etain