[Sca-cooks] Digby's Cakes

BaronessaIlaria at aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Sun Oct 7 19:47:52 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/07/2001 10:30:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CalicoJim1 at aol.com writes:

>  Also I was wondering about the frosting well now that I've mentioned it
frosting in
>  general.  I don't usually do cakes.

These are actually more of a shortbread cookie. I find they taste good with
the recommended number of raisins and they were extremely popular a few weeks
ago at the feast I did. To date, I have never iced them since I find it
harder to transport them - they tend to stick together. They are nicely sweet
without being toooooo sweet without it. Master Tirloch's redaction makes a
nice moist cookie  and they stay fresh for a long time. We just finished the
last few yesterday and they were wonderful.

Ilaria