[Sca-cooks] OOP-menu theme help

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Oct 8 21:43:47 PDT 2001

I don't know much about what's playing or not on Broadway these days,
but I could think of a couple possible "takes" on this:
1.  Plan your dinner along things that people might eat or do before
going to a play or performance, or during intermission, or
afterwards....
2.  Depending on the number of courses or dishes you're doing, you could
do one course, say, from Africa (the Lion King), and one Thai (the King
and I), or whatever....
3.  Do dishes inspired by broadway shows of a particular decade? or
built around the different shows all done by one individual (either as a
star, or as a writer, or....think of all the ethnic variety, for
instance, if you built a feast around the different cuisines represented
by the different cultures that Andrew Lloyd Webber has at least touched
on in all his shows...africa, south america, french, middle eastern,
etc.)....
Good luck, whatever you end up doing....
--Maire, who needs to stop thinking of food and go to bed.