[Sca-cooks] scottish foodstuffs

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Oct 9 08:39:58 PDT 2001

> I'm not sure that's entirely fair, but a lot of
> 19th century English authors were most vexed by
> American copyright protection (or lack thereof).
> Kipling even wrote a poem about it. Interestingly,
> for all his strange habits and attitudes stranger
> still, Rudyard is said to have been a very nice
> man, if highly eccentric. Of course he is of no
> particular school I am aware of, other than that
> of hard knocks and big words ;-)

By all reports, Kipling could be incredibly rude and abrasive but also a
lot nicer than his reputation (from his writing) leads people to believe.
He was nervous man who had a lot of sadness in his later life, but could
be very considerate and charming as well. The general concensus was that
in a lot of ways, he never outgrew his schoolboy persona...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa