[Sca-cooks] Spice Mixes

bill mayfield wpmay at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 16:10:34 PDT 2001

I sent him Spanish saffron and some of the stuff I grew which, come to think
of it may be getting old but still is better than some from the market.
Olwen

   It may well be that Saffron isnt a flavor I am used to
   or that it will be one of the flavors that never truly
   spring to life for me...........
     I did the finger mash/roll thingy as Drake described and
   got the bold yellow stain(this from Olwens Saffron)I did the
   same to some "store-brand" saffron and the results were
   negligble.
     My thanks to all who have posted on this so far.....be
   assured my trying and tasting and asking will go on for a
   long to come.

   Aethelwulf