[Sca-cooks] woad

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Tue Oct 9 11:36:35 PDT 2001

In a message dated 10/8/01 10:20:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

<< I don't know about the Scots, barbaric as some of them were. :-) The
 Picts are the ones I've heard this about. However, another viewpoint
 on this is that the patterns (for the Picts) were tatooes and not
 woad. >>

Actually wode can be used for tatooing as it does stain everything it touches
as Vara said earlier. Using it every year or few months myself, I know that
the mixed wode is very hard to get out, but it also depends on skin type. If
you have very oily skin it doesn't last long, but very dry skin, it lasts a
LONG time.

Finnebhir