[Sca-cooks] EK 12th night feast

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Oct 15 07:07:33 PDT 2001

> I couldn't agree with you more.  It's something I've started doing.  If I'm
> cooking the feast, I get together with the autocrat and figure out a reasonable
> number to cook for.  It's usually around 2/3 to 3/4 of the expected attendance
> as we know that there will always be those who don't want to be on-board.

BTW, for events we've done that were not kingdom events, we routinely
served feast for less than half the attendees: [June camping event]--
expected attendance between 250 and 400: onboard between 100 and 125;
[winter day event] expected attendance 180: onboard between 100 and 110.
For spring crown, we were told to expect 400 to 600 but we had about 150
for a feast of 200 (I think the attendance was a little under the 400
mark)-- but that was a combination of distance from the Heavy Kingdom
Playing Areas for a day event and a strange political situation.

So there's nothing wrong with feeding less than half the attendees...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa