[Sca-cooks] Marzipan 8 track tapes

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Mon Oct 15 09:05:31 PDT 2001

 ----- Original Message -----

>El Snippo Grando<

> And then there's the fact that at
> larger numbers of dishes, the portion sizes get smaller, cooking times
> reduce (you use more saute pans), and you can actually cook dishes in
> sequence between courses. It's a lot of work doing it this way but it's
> also a blast.
>

> Adamantius

   I'm using that approach for a feast I'm bidding next year. 3 courses of
about 4 dishes each, with an appetizer followed by finger bowls between each
course. The way I'm trying to structure it is to have the next course going
into the oven (or whatever) as the preceding one is being served. Lots of
prep, but once underway, it should just click. Some would obviously have to
be done well ahead, but I think people would marvel at actually getting
fresh, not-sat-in-the-warmer-forever dishes. Spec menu below . . .

    Sieggy

Bread, fruit, butters - T:0 (feast begins)
 Manchet, apple butter, prune butter, hazelnut butter, whipped butter,
herbed cheese, pickled vegetables (on table)

Soup - T + 10 (10)
 Mushroom & leek

Fowl Course - T + 25 (15)
 Chicken with peppers, olives, and tomatoes
 Cauli verdi
 Couscous with olive oil & bitter oranges
 Cucumbers in yogurt

Appetizer - T + 50 (25)
 Roasted garlic spread
 Pita bread

Meat  Course - T + 65 (15)
 Medallions of pork in sorrel sauce
 Braised green beans & pears
 Bashed neeps
 Beet salad

Appetizer - T + 90 (25)
 Pomegranate sorbet
 Sweet Waffres

Fish Course - T + 105 (15)
 Turbot poached in almond milk w/ crabmeat stuffing
 Basmati rice w/ rosewater
 Stir fried vegetables w/ cashews

Dessert - T + 130 (25)
 Peach oatmeal coffins w/ clotted cream

Drink
 Sekanjabin - Sweet Tea - Faux Hippocras - Water

 Total elapsed time for feast should be around 2 1/2 hours