[Sca-cooks] Catering question.

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Mon Oct 15 12:05:39 PDT 2001

I'm rushing out for a meeting, I'll write more if you want.

Request a meeting with the chef.  Don't settle for the catering
coordinator, meet with the executive chef.  If you have dishes you want
them to make, bring recipes.  Talk to the guy/gal.  Likely, s/he'll get a
kick out of doing something special and out of the ordinary, with enough
notice, they can plan purchasing, work plan, etc.  I doubt that you'd be
able to actually have someone in the kitchen helping, likely it's a Union
shop (most hotels are).

Don't hesitate to outline every requirement you have.  Will you have dishes
that are free of certain ingredients (mushroom, garlic, onion, peanuts,
whatever).  Will you have vegetarian dishes in your courses?  Define what
you want/need/expect.

That would be my suggestion.

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire