[Sca-cooks] OOP: Frying pan opinions?

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Oct 15 15:01:26 PDT 2001

The expensive All-Clad non-stick is not bad.
The 10 inch skillet was about $90 on sale when
I bought one. They stand by their warranty and
actually replaced the first one for my Dad. He
used it for bacon, 2 slices or a sausage and eggs,
just about every morning for 3-4 years. It was
an extravagant holiday gift one year.
Just handwash it and keep it away from a dishwasher.

I like my Berndes non-stick crepe pan that I have
a lot also. It's smaller ... 8 inches max and cost
maybe $25 on a really good sale with a special spatula.
Berndes makes a flat grill pan or griddle that might
work really well.

Cooks Illustrated has done a lot articles on the best pancakes
and they also always seem to pair those articles with what
to cook pancakes on in terms of pans or griddles.
I tend to want something that heats evenly, maintains the
heat, and is non-stick so I don't have to keep adding that
tiny bit of Crisco to keep the pancakes from sticking on a
regular surface. I also want it to hold up under use.

Johnna Holloway Johnnae llyn Lewis