[Sca-cooks] Catering question.

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Mon Oct 15 16:56:05 PDT 2001

> Greetings!  It's beginning to look like our local group will be hosting a
large event at a hotel/confrence center <>  They *do* require that all food
be prepared by them <> but {are}quite open-minded about having us provide
recipes and some more exotic ingredients (galangal, etc.).<

        One of our Coronations was like this  -- the Chef was very
interested and had attended a couple of the local  cooks guild meetings, to
be as "accurate" as he could. Not too bad.  Bring recipes, be enthusiastic,
let them see the "fun" of the Challenge,  {and all of the other more
practical suggestions}.

    What really surprised/impressed the hotel staff was the announcement to
"ready for Feast".   clearing  the room that's been set up for Court &
change it to eating arrangements, and HUNDREDS of guests are clearing out
the chairs, and pulling down/setting up tables;  efficiently &
well-organized.  The catering staff was in a tizzy coz they thought the
changeover {by their own personnel}would take an hour . . . . .

    Caointiarn