[Sca-cooks] OOP: Frying pan opinions?

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Tue Oct 16 07:08:36 PDT 2001

> I've had a second thought. Not knowing what kind
> of stove you have, or if it would actually work
> with the way the burners on your stove are arranged,
> you might look into one of the flat griddles that fit
> across two burners. They would give you more room
> and would be heated from two burners at once, so the
> temperature should in theory be evened out.
> Certain professional ranges even come with their own
> griddles these days.

I've never found that griddles even out in temperature when suspended
over two burners.  They always get a cool spot in the middle.  I do find
them useful for keeping seperate temps for cooking two different
breakfast items, or for keeping food warm after I take it off the hotter
parts.  Maybe a higher quality pan than mine would work better, but the
distance between burners on most stoves makes me doubt that.

However, the built in griddle on my stove works great - it has a large
element that runs the whole length under it.

-Magdalena