[Sca-cooks] Tongue - blech

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Oct 17 09:39:58 PDT 2001

Tara Sersen Boroson wrote:

> Scrapple, on the other hand, isn't at all icky in theory.  But, I
> wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.  Heck, I won't sit next to
> somebody eating it in a restaurant.  It smells like something violently
> regurgitated...

In heaven's name...how was it cooked?  I have been eating scrapple...and I know
what goes into it because my grandmother used to make it when hogs were butchered
on their farm...all of my life, and have never noticed any kind of objectionable
odor!  All I've ever been able to smell is the cornmeal frying!

Kiri