[Sca-cooks] Parsley roots?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Oct 21 18:09:33 PDT 2001

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> I've never seen them--are they like carrots and parsnips, or woodier?
> Some root veggies seem to do okay frozen, some don't.  I'd just consult
> the canning/freezing section of a good cookbook and follow the
> instructions for the closest thing to them.....
> --Maire, now resting comfortably in post-head cook mode....

They look like parsnips, have a viable form of flat-leaf parsley on top, and smell just a bit like celery, as opposed to the parsley/carrot action of parsnips. This will be someone's cue to announce that what I have purchased is, in fact, based on my description, Venezuelan Beaver Chokeroot, and not _real_ parsley root at all...

Adamantius

--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com