[Sca-cooks] A little diversion

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 29 15:25:53 PST 2001

> > Do you, or Have you ever:
> >
> > 1. Lectured complete strangers on the uses of unfamiliar foodstuffs?
of coarse..normally in Tenth century kit
> > 2. Know what "rocket" is?
>
> Know what it is, have it regularly and our TESCO sells it
>
> > 3. Sneered at the lazy yuppie scum who buy premade polenta at the
> > supermarket?
I didn't know that it was available...I used to think that custard powder
was a cheat until I discovered children.>
> > 4. Grown your own herbs?
 Yes and feed the excess to the chickens
> > 5. Grown your own vegetables?
 I did until the chickens wrecked the garden

> > 6. Grown your own wheat?
>
> No........ In a small english town garden inhabited by chickens' nothing
survives

> > 7. Foregone buying ice cream because the soup bones have taken over your
> > freezer? I make ice cream Do they sell it?
>
> > 8. Made your own demi-glace?
Only before children>
> > 9. Own five mortars and pestles, but can't find your pepper mill?
>
> Not 5, 3   And 3 pepper mills  all available as we are rebuilding the
kitchen at the moment>
> > 10. Consider your mother a heretic for buying premade pie crusts?
My mother last cooked for my 22 birthday and there are adults who weren't
even born then.
> > 11. Subscribe to seven cooking magazines but mooch newspapers from your
> > coworkers?
Why bother with newspapers...they don't have decent recipies in
them....useful for lining the chicken coop and quail house though.
> > 12. Stayed up late reading Escoffier, Brillat-Savarin, or Julia Child?

and Raymond Blanc and the two fat ladies and Anne Hagen and....
> > 13. Say to yourself, "I can cook better than this" at a trendy
restaurant?
What's a resturant we have children!!!
> > 14. Know the difference between a china cap and a chinoise?
> Doesn't everyone
>
> > 15. Fantasize about meeting Charles Ranhofer, James Beard, or Martino da
> > Como?
>
> Yes...and many others besides!
>
> > 16. Brag about your 10-inch Dick?
> Doesn't everyone
> >
> > 17. Know what the last question was about, you vulgar little creature,
you?
And I didn't even snigger>
> > 18. Have a special carrying case for your knives, sharpening steel,
> > whetstone, and knife oil?
Its called a kitchen>
> > 19. Spend hours in the "Used Equipment" section of the restaurant supply
> > store?
They won't let me in any more too much drool on the carpet>
> > 20. Kept a sourdough starter alive for more than two months?
Yes until my cat ate it!!!
> > Give yourself a point for every positive answer.

oops I think I'm a geek
vara>