[Sca-cooks] Re: A little diversion

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 30 08:49:18 PST 2001

>Also, I need a little advice.  I bought one of those Misto pump spray
>thingies for oil a couple days ago, and the screw-on seal for >the pump
>cylinder is already cracked.  Can anyone suggest a fix, or >does the
>manufacturer provide spare parts?  The store I bought it from >is going out
>of business and won't take it back.

You should be able to send it back to the company.  I have had one for
years.  Use it as a rolling pin in a pinch, a hammer to break ice, a toy for
the cat to chase, throw it in the basket to take to cook elsewhere, a door
stop, all number of things.  I love it.  Never broke yet.  I think you must
have a defective one.

>Also, can anyone recommend a good yogurt maker?

Yeah.  Dannon.  Oh, did you mean a machine?  Don't use em.  Put some starter
(Dannon plain) in some heated milk pour into sterile jars or custard cups,
place in an oven with a pilot light or a lamp with a low watt bulb overnight
and whala!  yougurt.