noodle-making and that quiz thing, was: [Sca-cooks] Kitchen Aid Pasta Rollers

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 16:55:20 PST 2001

Ah, the memories!  When I was about 7-8 Mom and I used to
make noodles; she'd roll out the dough, roll them up and
cut them, and I got to unroll the noodles and lay them out
on waxed paper on every available surface.  I thought it
was great fun; she only did it because (according to her)
when she was newly married and Dad looked at the noodles
and said "these aren't homemade" she was stupid and trotted
off to ask Grandma how to make noodles instead of saying
"that's right, dear; eat your dinner."  Then she got the
pasta maker and the noodles weren't quite the same after
that (probably because they weren't covered in a layer of
flour) but still pretty good, and we had them more often.

I won't list all my "no" answers on the food-geek quiz;
suffice it to say that in fact I don't live on restaurant
food and Cheerios.  I live on Top Ramen and Sugar Pops,
thank you.  Can't afford restaurants, especially since I
moved away from all the good ones.  And Cheerios are icky.

Dana/Ximena

--- Jennifer Thompson <JenniferT at ptb.com> wrote:
> put up during one nap and snack time.) since at 31 inches
> he's tall enough
> now to be a real distraction. Then again, soon I can
> draft him to help.
> He'll be my pasta roller. Boost that upper body strength.
> 8-)

=====
She takes us wanderers under her wing; sings us songs 'til the coming of the spring
Lifts our souls far into the night; fills our dreams with endless delight
...Angel of Darkness, Angel of Mercy, take away the sorrow, take away the pain.
     (Angel of Bells -- J. Lapidus)
What to do about Afghanistan?  For one idea, see: http://rawa.fancymarketing.net/index.html