[Sca-cooks] more cheesy attempts

Tollhase1 at aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Sat Sep 1 19:06:31 PDT 2001

In a message dated 9/1/2001 9:14:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org writes:

> !  I don't
> know what it does with the cheese, but you certainly do not need to add it
> make cheese.

Also be very careful not to scorch the milk.  Tried to rig up a double boiler
to heat the milk indirectly to make the lemon cheese.  Boy was it a glorious
failure.  Tomorrow I will try again with a different configuration.  I did
notice that I was using two different methods and had a 5 degree difference
between the two.  By sorching the milk, it prevents the curds from
seperating(question/ statement?)

My second batch of cheese was a quasi success.  It tastes good, but the
texture for the cheese was all wrong.  Sort of ended up like a feta
consistency.  Did I overwork the cheese?

Frederich