[Sca-cooks] Help with Garlic Sauce ?

Bethra Spicewell christina_elisabeth at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 08:50:22 PDT 2001

Greetings, all

  I'm in process with pre-prep and cooking for my first dayboard and I
was wondering if any of you had made the Roasted Garlic Sauce from the
"Medieval Kitchen" - number 99.
  "Garlic sauce for all meats:  take garlic and cook it in the embers,
then pound it thoroughly and add raw garlic and crumb of bread, and
sweet spices, and broth; and mix everything together and boil it a
little; and serve hot."
  What I would like to know is if  it could be made ahead, and rewarmed
(or served at room temp), and if so, can anyone tell me how long it
keeps ?  I did make some a while back, to check out the taste, but we
ate it all that night. :-)  I'd like to keep the last-minute cooking to
a minimum, if I could
  Thanks everso

Bethra
___