[Sca-cooks] Help with Garlic Sauce ?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 14 13:19:40 PDT 2001

Greetings Bethra.  I have made this.  I made it ahead of time and made it at
a consistency of a dip which I served with meat and bread.  I baked the
garlic as whole heads and popped them out of the caseings when cooked.  Mash
with a fork and mixed and heated it in a pot with some chicken broth to thin
and smoothen the texture then added the breadcrumbs to thicken it to desired
consistency. Then I chopped up some more garlic raw and if IIRC used
marjoram and basil but did not add those till after I took it off the stove.
When I make garlic dips, etc I usually make them the day before. I prefer to
serve garlic dips warm so I put them in a crock over a tea candle.  Hope
that helps.
Olwen