[Sca-cooks] patisserie

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Sep 20 23:17:20 PDT 2001

Alban answered me with:
> >What is a "patisserie"?
>
> You _must_ live in Texas. <grin>
>
> A patisserie is a shop that makes and sells pastries, usually of the
> incredibly rich, calorie- and butter-loaded, and absolutely wonderfully
> tasty kind. (This is not your typical Krispy Kreme place. A good patisserie
> bears the same resemblence to Krispy Kreme doughnuts that
> Windows on the World, blessed be its memory, bears to your local
> McDonalds.)

Huh? Krispy Kreme has just opened multiple places down here in Austin
and has been making quite a splash. Couldn't drive past there two
weeks ago without my wife demanding we stop. We bought a dozen for
ourselves and another for me to take into work the next day to share.

I don't imagine those pastries would survive the shipping for the
treat exhange would they? :-(

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net