[Sca-cooks] Mission Impossible

Steve s.mont at verizon.net
Tue Sep 4 20:15:26 PDT 2001

--
Having once been a kindergarten aged male, and now being a single male
cook, I can say quite a bit actually.  Plenty of mixing things, cutting
soft things that are able to be cut with a plastic knife.

My Mom had me watch/help her since as long I can remember.  It just takes a
lot of patience, it also helps if you cook things he is interested in, or
will at least eat.

Æduin

At 08:19 PM 09/03/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>    Okay, IMF Cooks, should you accept this mission, you will help prepare
>(in fifteen years or so!) a handsome single male cook!
>
>    I have started looking after my kindergarten age nephew after school.
>He has consistantly pestered to help cook at dinner, but gets too
>distracted.  (His cousin, the telly, etc.)   Today we made a sucessful
>batch of muffins, as his cousin is at day care, and the telly's on boring
>old CNN!
>
>    Being child-less myself, I'm a little at a loss to know what your
>average five-year old can handle as far as cooking goes--for example, we
>were putting the tins in the oven, and his arms are too short to reach
>the racks easily (Doh!)
>
>    Any suggestions?
>
>    Elizabeth
>Tempus est, erat, non est.