[Sca-cooks] Mission Impossible

Mike Macchione drkael at home.com
Tue Sep 4 20:18:48 PDT 2001

>    Okay, IMF Cooks, should you accept this mission, you will help prepare
> (in fifteen years or so!) a handsome single male cook!

well, if we do a good enough job... maybe he won't be single for long after
that....

>    Being child-less myself, I'm a little at a loss to know what your
> average five-year old can handle as far as cooking goes--for example, we
> were putting the tins in the oven, and his arms are too short to reach
> the racks easily (Doh!)

well, one of the first dishes I remember making was a lasagna  I can't
remember when I actually starting cooking it... but I know it was definitely
by age 7 or so.   If you get the various parts ready and let him do the
layering

Now, he probably couldn't put it in the oven, but he could have fun putting
it together.... (hey... lets make this layer look like a smiley face...)

Also have him help you out doing various things to help prep things making
cooking a team process. For example, making fried chicken..... he gets to
dredge and batter the chicken and then he hands it to you to fry it.

One thing to know... he is probably going to make messes.  Don't harass him
for spilling something or he might not want to do it again for fear of
making any messes.  But don't let him off the hook... make sure he helps
with the cleanup...

Kael
one of the single male cooks brigade.....
no kids of my own... but 7 nephews and a niece...