[Sca-cooks] Mission Impossible

Mastercahankyle at cs.com Mastercahankyle at cs.com
Wed Sep 5 05:32:36 PDT 2001

In a message dated 9/4/01 10:53:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spynnere at juno.com writes:

>    Being child-less myself, I'm a little at a loss to know what your
> average five-year old can handle as far as cooking goes--for example, we
> were putting the tins in the oven, and his arms are too short to reach
> the racks easily (Doh!)

My five year old daughter helps my wife, Lady Tirza, and myself in the
kitchen quite a bit. (but with both parents who cook feasts and run food
experiments, she thinks its the natural way of things). She helps peal onion
skins, stir mixtures, hand mix dough, use a biscuit cutter, gets items from
the refrigerator, gets the pans that we keep in the lower cabinets, and also
likes to wash dishes, pots, and pans.  She is also a big help with carrying
groceries and other items from the truck. She has also perfected using cookie
cutters and the way you use a fork to press down peanut butter cookies.

There are many small things a five year old can do to help. Malinda (SCA Name
is Bethea) is a very big help during feast preparation at the site.

Baron Master Cahan Kyle (Proud Father)