[Sca-cooks] A cooking tale - LOOOOONG

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Sep 5 20:25:04 PDT 2001

As a librarian, I can't resist offering up some
other titles.
I've had Sims since it came out, and I find it very
inaccurate at times. Her work on The Tudor Housewife
is about the same quality, maybe a little better.
Neither was as good as Hammond's Food and Feast in
Medieval England which Sutton also published.
Do you have Elizabeth David's bread book? I presume
you do, but if you don't start with it. There is also
a very expensive one called The Book of Bread which
was 60 dollars. It's now half price over here. We also
have Jacob's 6000 Years of Bread  now available in
paperback too. And there is an excellent book on Flatbreads,
if you want to go in that direction.

Johnnae llyn Lewis
Johnna Holloway