[SCA-Cooks] Single cooks on the list

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 6 08:14:34 PDT 2001

Morgan Cain wrote:

> All sorts of strange synergies here.
>
> Come back after a long weekend, and it seems that the majority of messages
> are titled either "Treat Exchange" or "Single cooks on the list" - and that
> somehow, they mostly overlap in both correspondents and subjects.

Well, it seems that we cooking ladies appreciate the charms of Men Who Cook.
Men who know that details count, that some things are better finished with a
long slow simmer rather than a flash-fry. Someone who can cook in the kitchen,
is said to also really cook elsewhere, if you take my meaning.  <wink wink nudge
nudge say no more!>

> Then there's the fact that THREE of us are doing German feasts in the next
> while.

I'm planning an Italian thingie for next year, if that makes your life merrier.

> I won't even go into how many of the people on the list are from Calontir

The reputation of the cooks of Calontir has reached far and wide, notably the
War Kitchen operation.

> (I'm Ansteorran.  And single.  And don't smoke anything I cannot eat -
> mostly turkeys),

You need a REALLY BIG pipe! <snerk>

> although I will note that Olga makes great plates and cups
> and mugs and bowls that are just right to cook your morning porridge in the
> microwave.  Which I guess is food-related content?

I've heard about Olga too, but one of my local buddies is the head of the new
kingdom pottery guild so that would follow.  Arte advises against dishwashing
hand-made pottery, have not asked her yet about microwave though.

Selene in Caid, not single but the moment I stop looking you can bury me...