[Sca-cooks] [OT] New Zealand chocolate

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Sep 6 18:54:42 PDT 2001

I always thought it was the result of the nickel
Hershey bar.  Americans got used to cheap chocolate
and developed a taste for it. Handmade chocolate or
quality high end chocolates with the correspondingly
high price just don't make it in the grocery storeline.
We've settled for 55 cents snickers and not 3 dollar
hand-dipped truffles...Quantity over quality...
Food Finds yesterday on the Food channel did an entire
program on high end handmade chocolate products... somehow
40-50 dollars a box for less than two pounds of candy...
just is well...too high for me
I could buy one or two books (well..maybe) for that.

Johnnae llyn Lewis
Johnna Holloway