[Sca-cooks] an article in an unknown language

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Sep 11 22:29:22 PDT 2001

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Greetings folks,
>
> Today I got this email. It includes an article. Unfortunately, I
> don't even know what language this is in, much less read it. It
> may or may not be useful in the Florilegium since everything else
> is in English. But I'd like to know what it is about before I
> decide what I want to do.
>
> I will also send anyone who wishes this article, but until I
> know what it is about, I don't want to post it to the list. I
> will post the first paragraph below.
>
> My appologies if this turns out not to be on a period subject.

Well Stefan, it is in French, and it appears to be a scholarly work on a
text from 13th c. Villers/Brabant (near Belgium) called _Fleurs du
Paradis_ (Flowers of Paradise), in fact, I believe it is a doctoral
thesis. It seems to be a religious text- Cistercian. (Forgive me- I'm
really tired and still listening to NPR)

I suspect thins guy found you site because of the similarity in the
name. And most doctoral candidates are desperate to get their work out
there... But I rather suspect that it would be of little use to Jay
Random SCAdian, even if it was in English.

'Lainie