[Sca-cooks] chili peppers

ariann ariann at nmia.com
Thu Sep 13 10:09:51 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Pixel, Goddess and Queen <pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com>
> Well, one of them seems to be at it's full growth, and it's still smaller
> than a serrano chili, and pointy. The rest are smaller (and very cute) and
> also very pointy.

Unfortunately, a quick flip through the book matches that description with
11 chiles.  Ten of which are in the really hot 7-10 range.

Have you tasted one yet?  If it's not too hot, it may be chile candidate
#11.

Are you sure it's from "Mexico" and not New "Mexico"?  That distinction
narrows the field.

There are no descriptions of the plant/bush in the book, so I can't go that
route.

> Hmmm. I think I am going to have hot chilis--I only water them when they
> start to look a bit droopy.

If you discover you have grown little red chiles of death, you can always
make decorative wreaths and/or ristras.  I can send you the instructions
this weekend.

Ariann