[Sca-cooks] Apology... was Essence of Turkish Delight...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Sep 14 07:09:07 PDT 2001

I don't think you're an idiot at all.  I think that we have to separate our
feelings of horror over the events of this week from our interest in Middle
Eastern culture.  The vast majority of folks in the Middle East are probably
just as horrified as we are over these events.  And, I believe, the majority of
the people from the period we study would regard this attack as dishonorable and
not part of their culture and beliefs at all.  So I personally don't think your
request was wrong in any way, shape or form!  Just because this happened I'm not
going to go out and throw away my ME cookbooks or my garb or Phillip's
doumbek....hey, wait a minute...that could be a way to get rid of that
thing.....hmmmmmmm.......

Kiri