[Sca-cooks] Catholic/Christian, was: The Fallwell/Robertson statements

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 16 10:10:12 PDT 2001

> << You shall not suffer a sorceress to live." >>
>
> do you know, I have read this and researched it in various places and the
> original text said "Thou shalt not suffer an ASSASSIN to live?" funny how
> when men in religious places high, and mighty change their texts to
reflect
> their own views....
> And No I don't remember where I first came across that historical bit and
> it's been so long that I couldn't even begin to backtrack.
It was changed when James 1 england and 6 of Scotland gave us the King James
Bible. He was terrified of witches and persecuted them constantly. He only
got to the throne because he was the Protestant claim, the catholic claim
was a more distant cousin. His changes were accepted because the protestant
faith was still very new and the King was seen as its head and it  gave the
populace a new scape goat for all their woes. The word insome translations
of the original is 'poisoner' and in some assasin.
there Religious Education actually worked.
Vara