[Sca-cooks] Seasonal Feasts

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Sep 17 08:41:52 PDT 2001

I consider it mainly because those things that are in season are usually less expensive.  This is especially true in our "neck of the woods" as we live in an area where there are a lot of
farms, and thusly lost of fresh, homegrown veggies.  I also try to think about what would have been available to the cook in period, in season...and that often influences what I prepare.
However, to be honest, if I want to balance the appearance of a winter feast with something green, I do cheat a bit.

Kiri