[Sca-cooks] apple pies

Philip Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Sep 17 10:14:15 PDT 2001

On Monday 17 September 2001 12:18, Nicolas Steenhout wrote:

>Gunthar, you definitely want to make this one, you old creme-fraiche
> >addict, you.
>
> Ohhh yeah, Tarte Tatin and creme fraiche, a match made in heaven!

Oh, and BY THE WAY, speaking of shortcrust. While I would never advocate the
use of frozen sheets of shortcrust pastry, or even the ones in the little
aluminum pans (and I would be shocked to hear that some of the people out
there use them), I have a sneaking suspicion that the method use for Tarte
Tatin might be a way to present said theoretical and ill-advised frozen
pastry to advantage. Not that I would ever do such a thing, mind you.

You'd have to fully thaw the pastry to tuck it around the apples, of course,
but then this is all theoretical, anyway, becasue I would never advocate such
a thing.

Adamantius