[Sca-cooks] Authenticity Police: since we're castigating extremists anyway.. .

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Tue Sep 18 17:27:28 PDT 2001

Err.  Kiri,  I believe we get our ideas for hats from Fox Davies.  At any
rate when I read it the "rule" was 6 pearls for a Baron and 8+ for a
Viscount/ess.
for a while it was the fashion in Drachenwald to put the number of pearls
that equaled what number Prince or Princess you had been.  Therefore the 9th
Viscount/ess used 9 Pearls.

Re "white belts".  I know I have asked a young man who was just putting his
belt on if he were a knight.  The belt was "natural" and it was just coming
on dusk.  It was really hard to tell from a dirty white belt (fighters, you
can send them out clean and then they roll in the mud! ;-).  He seemed put
out when I suggested that he might not want to use it, but certainly could
if he chose.  The knights present wouldn't have hassled him, but the squire
might have.  It always seems to be the wanna-be's more than the people who
earned the regalia that get their knickers in a bunch.

Viscountess Regina Romsey
(5th Princess, but with 8 pearls)