[Sca-cooks] grinding nuts

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 18 23:01:45 PDT 2001

> --- Tara <tsersen at nni.com> wrote:
> > I think it would compare favorably to marzipan.
> >
> > You could head to the grocery store and pick up a
> > bag of almonds and give it a try!  :)
>
> Thanks! If I give it a try, I'll write up a report for
> the list. I only say "if" because I bought two
> grinders for my sister and I'm not sure which one
> she'll take, though I do think I know which one I
> might push her toward now... ;->

Since you got the grinder, you might also want to consider making
some period sausages. There are some recipes and directions in these
files in the FOOD-MEATS section of the Florilegium if you'd like to
try this sometime:
sausages-msg     (104K) 10/31/00    Period sausages. Making sausage.
sausage-makng-msg (28K) 10/31/00    Sausage making techniques. Supplies.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net