[Sca-cooks] OT Authenticity Police: dye colours.

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 19 10:34:06 PDT 2001

You want authentic screaming colours
10 hot pink   try kermise or its american cousin cochaneal. its very bright
neon yellow or green Weld produces the brilliant yellow when dyed in a
ceramic pot
and then double dye to get the green....add woad for blue.
orange is also a double dye  weld then madder.
They are disgusting...A Couple of the menfolk in our group use these colours
and although we keep trying to BAN them on grounds of taste they are
perfectly doable with the dyes available in England pre 1066
I play a lot earlierr than the SCA.

Vara who suffers from seeing limegreen trousers done with an orange top at
some shows.
And don't forget polished linen can look shiney.