[Sca-cooks] Playdough question was Superheroes

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 19 10:27:07 PDT 2001

OK, that's the one I know. Sorry, I couldn't put my hand on my old
papers, and it is nearly  6 years since I taught preschool.

Hints... mix the food coloring with the water, so it blends easily, even
if you use the paste colors which come in a wider range of brighter
colors, and can be fun. Do Not Omit the cream of tartar, it acts as a
preservative (ask me how I know...) While it certainly should not be
eaten, it is non-toxic, so don't worry too much when your two year old
does, indeed, eat it. He won't eat much, it seems to taste pretty bad,
but do watch him. When you cook it, it seizes up pretty suddenly, so
keep stirring. Keep it in a zip lock bag.

This is very good stuff. I made it regularly for 6 years.

Anne