[Sca-cooks] RE: [Sca-cooks]Thai food (was Galangal)

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Sep 21 08:58:19 PDT 2001

Yes, this does make soup for an army...notice the 12 whole chicken breasts!
However, you can cut it back for however many you wish to feed.  I think this fed
around 80 or so.

So far as the galanga root is concerned, the dried pieces were what I used the
last time I fixed it.  And I used that number of pieces.

And yes, it is, I think, a kind of comfort food...I know folks got really upset
when I did Festival of Kites and didn't include this dish...but then I can't
document it as period.  I know that it's traditional for Thailand...but period???
I dunno.

Kiri