[Sca-cooks] New England vs. Texas

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Sun Sep 23 03:47:15 PDT 2001

Now to dismiss one last New England brag. Chinook is a PNW word. A
>Chinook blows in and the temperature can easily change 40 - 50 deg. F.
>in about one hour.
>
>					Your Humble Servant
>					Solveig Throndardottir
>					Amateur Scholar
>--

Really? I lived in Bremerton (Barony of Dragon's Lair?) for three years and
never heard the word until I moved to Fairbanks. I have experienced
chinooks (Alaska Native word?) that changed temperatures from -40F to +30F
in a few hours. Totally amazing. Shirt sleeve weather in the dead of winter.

And then there are the williwas experienced in Kodiak: high winds that
could life small military planes off the ground, which is why planes not in
hangers were anchored with cables when a williwa arrived.

Strange weather is the norm in Oertha!

Morgana

Morgana