[Sca-cooks] Return of the Wanderer (partly OT)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 23 06:01:35 PDT 2001

On 23 Sep 2001, at 4:42, Olwen the Odd wrote:

> And glad to have you back safe and sound.  Missed your chimming in on
> the list.

Thanks.

> No, you can't have Gunthar, he's coming to Atlantia.

I already know I can't have Gunthar.  Emrys would not really
approve.

> Are you 'for' or 'against' the Fignutoneers?

I don't know what that means, but it sounds suspiciously similar to
"what end of the egg do you crack?".

> Who did you play with in
> Ireland?  I know you must have made SCAdian contact there.

I didn't, but wouldn't have had time to do so.  We had to cut a few
things out of our itinerary as it was.  Driving took longer than
expected, and we had one small incident involving a rock and a
bent wheel.

> What did the air smell like?

That depended on where we were at the time.  Cows.  Seaweed.
Roses.  Bacon.  Auto exhaust.

> Did you bring me back anything? :-}

What, I'm not enough?  :-)
Memories and pictures.

> It must have been so terrible for you to hear
> such news from afar.

It couldn't have been easy to hear it anywhere.  But Ireland was full
of people, Irish and Americans and Britons, who were equally
shocked, and were reaching out to one another.

> Glad your home. No.  You still can't have
> Gunthar.

How many times do I have to tell you that my lord won't let me?
Besides, the cats might get jealous, too.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net