[Sca-cooks] New England vs. Texas

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Sep 23 13:35:43 PDT 2001

Morgana said:
> Really? I lived in Bremerton (Barony of Dragon's Lair?) for three years and
> never heard the word until I moved to Fairbanks. I have experienced
> chinooks (Alaska Native word?) that changed temperatures from -40F to +30F
> in a few hours. Totally amazing. Shirt sleeve weather in the dead of winter.

30 degrees F is "Shirt sleeve weather"???? Of course I guess you mean
a long sleeved shirt and not a T-shirt, but still. Brrrrr. chatter, chatter.

30 degrees F is time to have pulled out the down jackets long ago.

It is nice to sometimes wear T-shirts in January.
Snow is for skiing on, not living in.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net