[Sca-cooks] Wrapping Sage Around Meatballs

Katheline van Weye kat_weye at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 09:50:47 PDT 2001

One of the recipes in _Pleyn Delit_ is for
sage-wrapped meatballs.  My question is, "How do you
get the sage to stay wrapped around the meatballs?"

I have been using sage leaves from my garden that I
moisten before wrapping them around the meatballs.
However, they won't stay wrapped.  The meatballs have
egg in them so I thought the sage would stick to the
meatballs but they don't.  I also tried toothpicks but
that didn't work too well and it made it more
difficult to fry the meatballs as they toothpicks got
in the way.

Thanks for you help.

Yours in service,
Katheline van Weye