[Sca-cooks] OT Volcano (was Bidding for Count Gunthar)

Irmele von Gruensberg irmele at thebartholomews.com
Mon Sep 24 18:49:14 PDT 2001

May I mention Toba in Sumatra, that erupted 74,000 years ago. It was ten
thousands times bigger than Mt St Helens, and created such a global catastrophe
that scientists believe it brought the human population of the Earth down to a
few thousand. Total. On the whole Earth.

Yellowstone National Park is an even larger supervolcano, and is becoming due
for an eruption...

Irmele, ducking for cover.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/supervolcanoes.shtml

[snip]