[Sca-cooks] Yuan Chinese Cookery class at Pennsic

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Tue Sep 25 07:55:31 PDT 2001

Well.... There was the sentiment that Kubilai was "Going Native"  After all,
when he founded the Yuan Dynasty, he moved the Mongolian Capital to China.
But from the documentation I do have, the Mongols in China still stuck to
their gers, leaving the buildings unoccupied.  I'm STILL trying to find
documentable period mongolian dishes.  The two recipes I have exchanged with
mongolian students are claimed to be from Ogedei's time, but I haven't been
able to find documentation for either of them anywhere.  I've got modern
sources listing one dish as a "Festival Dish" but it doesn't provide date
information.

and Sensei.. it involves lamb :grins::