[Sca-cooks] Fried Pies OT recipe

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Tue Sep 25 19:35:13 PDT 2001

> >  Deep-fried Mars bar?  How do you keep it from just melting?  Do you
> >  bread it, like a mozzarella stick?  I wonder why one would do that to a
> >  perfectly good Mars bar.  I mean, I'm not anti-frying when there's good
> >  reason for it.  But, how would frying benefit a candy bar?  Isn't a Mars
> >  bar bad enough for you to begin with?  I am intrigued...  And Europeans
> >  say *we* eat serious junk food diets...
>
> The sad part about it is that they're also skinnier than we are. Its a cold,
> cruel world....

Isn't it?  Although, one article that Johna posted mentioned the fact
that the area of Scotland where these originated has one of the highest
rates of health problems in the industrialized world.  It might have
specified obesity, but I'm having trouble loading the webpage at the
moment.  So, we don't have to feel *too* bad.

No, my college roommate, an exchange student from France who was a size
three and ate a hamburger *every day* for lunch and had several beers
every evening was the one who made me jealous... although she smelled
like a boys locker room and I had to hide my head under the blankets so
I could sleep at night.  So there is some justice in the world.

-Magdalena