[Sca-cooks] OT - How to eat a Mars bar . . .

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 11:55:09 PDT 2001

>Olwen asked:
> > Or at the very least; set aflame.  Yeah...go there...mmmmm
>
>I've had freeze-dried ice cream but never flaming ice cream. I assume
>you douse it with some kind of liquor. Brandy? Vodka? I also assume
>that is stay lit only long enough for entertainment effects and not
>long enough to melt the ice cream. Details, please.

>THLord  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra

Wow, never had Baked Alaska?  Not everyone serves it flaming though I
suppose.  Basically it's ice cream surrounded on all four sides by slightly
stale angelfood or sponge cake with brandy sprinkled on it then covered in a
good half inch or better of meranguie and baked for a few minutes (I use a
torch) to brown.  Some folks stop there and serve.  Some of us pour a little
brandy over it at the tableside and torch it.

I have done flaming banana boat sundaes too.

Olwen