[Sca-cooks] Regretable foods.... OOP

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 16:22:13 PDT 2001

In a message dated 9/26/2001 10:23:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
debra.dunbar at aspenpubl.com writes:

> > (So, what was the worst SCA dish y'all have ever come across at a
> > feast?)

A fest which consisted almost entirely of pierogies - filled with grains,
meats, etc - but which had apparently not been parboiled before being fried,
as they were uniformly soaked in grease.  The only thing I was able to eat
and enjoy at that feast was the borscht.

That, or possibly the almond and rosewater soup into which someone had
emptied half a bottle of rosewater - it was an original recipe, not period.
Most of that soup ended up in the garbage cans; we might as well have been
trying to eat rose-scented bath salts.

Brangwayna Morgan