[Sca-cooks] too much garlic

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 27 05:07:31 PDT 2001

James May wrote:

>> Well, I think the time Adamantius ended up with garlic chocolate
>> brownies is a good example, which was told here a while back.
>>
>> --
>> THLord  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
>
>         That might be a case of "a lot" of garlic, but not necessarily
> "too much" garlic.
>
> Jehan Yves

Its presence to any detectable extent was, in the brownie instance, intrusive. IMO. It was just the faintest trace, enough for somebody with a medium-sensitive palate to say, "Hmmm. There's something just a touch odd going on here, but I can't place it." Most people loved them anyway; their texture was perfect and the flavor was excellent if you didn't spot and identify the garlic. This was made all the more mystifying by the fact that I had not, as far as I knew, added any garlic, so I wondered if I was hallucinating in some way. Overall, though, even though they were a success, it's not something I'd like to repeat. When I do add garlic to dishes intentionally, well, I'm a good Provencale cook. Need we say more?

Adamantius

--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com