[Sca-cooks] too much garlic

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 27 10:07:05 PDT 2001

Mark.S Harris wrote:

> Jehan Yves replied to me with:

>>>Well, I think the time Adamantius ended up with garlic chocolate
>>>brownies is a good example, which was told here a while back.
>>>
>>That might be a case of "a lot" of garlic, but not necessarily
>>"too much" garlic.
>>

> Well, it wasn't a lot of garlic but in that particular dish it
> was too much garlic.
>
> For those wondering what all this was about, as I remember,
> Admantius grabbed some flour in his kitchen for some chocolate
> brownies. However, his wife keeps some flavored flours
> around and he apparently grabbed the wrong one.

She used to keep various flours in large glass jars. They were all ordinarily labelled except for the standard AP flour. The label (a sticker) had fallen off the Swan's Down self-rising cake flour which she had seasoned with powdered garlic, ginger, and white pepper for use as a Cantonese deep-frying batter mix.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com